Riding France, Switzerland, Spain Etc.....

What trips and tours do you have planned

I quite like it round here!

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:50 pm

Riding France, Switzerland, Spain Etc.....

Guess who's got himself a job in Palma? Me!!!! :party:

I'll ship my gear out there & am planning or riding my GSXR there for the crack & hit some good biking spots on the way & maybe try & squeeze the autobahn / Nurburg ring in? :dance:

Something along the lines of this (just made this in paint)....

I was talking to a mate about it he said he got nicked left right & centre in France & ended up coming home early as he ran out of money & couldn't afford any more fines. Anyone else got any experiences of this?
Last edited by Kaosone on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yoshi / Jomo Rep GSXR-1000 K5, K7 Forks With Ohlins FPK 102 Pistons, Ohlins Shock & Damper, Bazzaz Z-FI TC, Yoshimura Factory Exhaust System, BMC Filter, Brembo Discs & 19x18mm M/C, R1 Monoblocks, OZ HL02 Wheels, Titanium Bolts & 182BHP.

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Riding France, Switzerland, Spain Etc.....

He probably went through the toll roads too fast........they time it and sometime the gendr...forget the spelling, the French police wait at the tolls.
If you're gonna speed in between the tolls, then take a break at a petrol station!
I used to drive a van through Europe quite often....you'll love the roads, anywhere near the Alps mate.
They use the lanes as you ought to over there, in other words, ir they see someone speeding up behind them, they usually pull over.
Enjoy mate...you'll love it and congrats on new job!!!

Doz

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Did Le Mans and Normandy last year. Didn't see a copper in 4 days but we were taking it easy as well. Don't forget Fluorescent vest and breath testers for france now
If you have to ask. You wouldn't understand.

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:01 pm

Sweet, and congrats.
Will be a great ride, when you going, when its warm I hope, bet its bloody cold up in the Alps in the winter!
South of France is somthing else!
What you'll be doing?
Imagehttp://www.ypel.co.uk
It's not what you ride - Its how you ride it!

Bastardo Engineering Ltd

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:16 pm

Never had an issue in France, its the same as anywhere really, just use your common sense. No one in the right mind would use the toll roads when theres so many other more interesting routes. :whistle:

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:25 pm

Doz wrote:Did Le Mans and Normandy last year. Didn't see a copper in 4 days but we were taking it easy as well. Don't forget Fluorescent vest and breath testers for france now

You need to wear a florescent vest? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

esxr7.5 wrote:Sweet, and congrats.
Will be a great ride, when you going, when its warm I hope, bet its bloody cold up in the Alps in the winter!
South of France is somthing else!
What you'll be doing?

I am out there in 2 weeks to finalize the details then I guess I come home, resign from my current job, terminate the lease on my house & do one. So 6 - 8 weeks hopefully, looking forward to getting some good GoPro footage (especially on the Autobahn) :07:. Good job the yanks wouldn't have me!!!!!! :lmao:

I'll be installing these badboys on rich people yacht's & doing service work on them & (I.T) networking.....

That's a marine stabilized VSAT antenna for internet at sea via satellite, Palma has a big port so lots of work there. And it's sunny & full of English people :dude:.

I found this website as well, looks interesting......

http://www.motowhere.com/maps/route/Sports-Bike-run
Yoshi / Jomo Rep GSXR-1000 K5, K7 Forks With Ohlins FPK 102 Pistons, Ohlins Shock & Damper, Bazzaz Z-FI TC, Yoshimura Factory Exhaust System, BMC Filter, Brembo Discs & 19x18mm M/C, R1 Monoblocks, OZ HL02 Wheels, Titanium Bolts & 182BHP.

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Your have a great time, I've driven to Switzerland, in a car, boo, but the roads in Europe are amazing, have a blast :D

Sent from my rotary phone using fingers and patience.

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:56 pm

Have a bloody blast mate !!!

Nice work if you can get it i say !!!

bet your still on here with projects thou - KS finally goes truly International !!!

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Doz wrote:Did Le Mans and Normandy last year. Didn't see a copper in 4 days but we were taking it easy as well. Don't forget Fluorescent vest and breath testers for france now

When you say you "Did" Le mans & Normandy, do you mean you rode their? :)

S-jay wrote:Your have a great time, I've driven to Switzerland, in a car, boo, but the roads in Europe are amazing, have a blast :D

Sent from my rotary phone using fingers and patience.

Will do, I'll make GoPro videos & post them as I can't get nicked once I've left the country. I heard the Swiss don't like race exhausts :giveup:

LennyVFR800 wrote:Have a bloody blast mate !!!

Nice work if you can get it i say !!!

bet your still on here with projects thou - KS finally goes truly International !!!

Me? on a Spanish island? with sun, beaches, beer & whole summers worth of English girls on holiday :shock:

Yes when I get a new bike as my road bike & turn my 750 into a dedicated track bike which it's always been destined to be :cool:.

And I can take my technics with me as they use 220VAC in Europe where as I'd have had to sell them if I moved to California.
Last edited by Kaosone on Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:35 pm

Nice work matey, shorts and tee shirts all year round, lucky sod..

Sent via a stupid phone..

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm

esxr7.5 wrote:Nice work matey, shorts and tee shirts all year round, lucky sod..

Might have to be long sleeve tee's for me to cover up 64 hours of tattoo work whilst on business :whistle:

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:49 pm

Nice bit of work there!!!!

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Cheers been at it 4 years (on & off) & so far it works out cheaper than smoking 20 a day :07:

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:42 pm

I started a half sleeve before I went to the states, never finished, shoulder, peck and half way down bicep. Need to visit again me thinks when finances are good!!!!

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:04 pm

These started off as half sleeves/chest pieces, then bit the bullet & went full sleeves. Should probably have never started the back piece TBH but one day I'll get it done....

Now, it just occurred to me I've never been touring. I have no problems doing several hundred miles a day on my GSXR (my record was 300 to the NEC & Back), but am currently limited to a back pack, maybe I could bungee something to the pillion seat?

Any ideas on what to take?

Map
Clear visor
Cash
Clean clothes (socks/ boxers)
Waterproof jacket?

ETC :giveup:
Next

Return to Planned tours and trips