Geographically speaking...

Fancy a curry or a piss up, then don't be shy

Every sheeps worst nightmare!

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:17 pm

Geographically speaking...

Is there somewhere in England that forum members can meet up which is equidistant for everyone to travel too?
Summat like theAce Cafe but more centrally located, or even a motorway services?
Or has this been looked at and contemplated before?
:welsh: Don't mess with me I'm VFR'd!! :welsh:

Sponsored by Tennents Super

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Geographically speaking...

Depends on who all is going to meet, then u can decide then whats central for the ppl going, that would be the easiest way of doing it

~The Blagster's on the move with Tapatalk~
=========

HOW CAN WE WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT..
SAME BAT-TIME... SAME BAT-CHANNEL!!?

=========
It's Always Funny Until Someone Gets Hurt. Then It's Just Fuckin' Hilarious

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:28 pm

Yeah I see what you're saying but I was kind of thinking if someone said 'right let's have a meet up mid July for a coffee and chin wag' where is there that everyone could access by travelling the same distance whatever their location.
A regional meet up would exclude those who might want to meet but find it too far out of their own region.
Does this make sense? LOL

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:46 pm

If national then u would prob take the furthest ppl away and see where the meet halfway ???? Which for a day wouldnt be worth it for the likes of me n hendo up here and peeps like caz n kev :kev: meeting central for a coffee n yap. You would need to do a regional meet or a region border meet to do what your thinking. Look at the ks members map and pick a location you fancy going too and post up a rideout / mini meet thread with a date and time n location and see then who is free at the time for either joining u in a ride to ur meet or will be making their own way to the mini meet.

Last edited by blagger on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=========

=========

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:50 pm

I had the idea b4 of a nation meet / weekend hence the start for the ks meet coming up

=========

=========

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:24 am

blagger wrote:I had the idea b4 of a nation meet / weekend hence the start for the ks meet coming up

Yeah but this year's KS meet is hardly central for everyone although my geographical knowledge is basic to say the least.
When I was in the PT Club they had an annual gathering at a place called Billing Aquadrome in Northants I think. It was fantastic for rallies etc.
Anyway Blagger I guess what you say is right and makes more sense.
Gotta be honest I'm getting frustrated that I bought a T Shirt and Hoodie and it's of no relevence to anyone other than the people I can't seem to get to meet! LOL

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:30 am

Why not try to hook-up with Rosie who lives in your neck of the woods-ish...

Bombdoctor is near you as well, try PM'ing them and get something going mate. If you come down to Poole, Caz and I are about most of the time so always up for a rideout.

I've only ever met up with 6 of the people on here - not counting the guys from GJs who don't post on here - so chin up lad, and that's over the last 3-4 years of being on bike forums...

We live in the age of communications but nobody actually seems to do much of it or meet up, except those who live nearby.

Kev :25:

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 am

Mentioned meeting with Bumdoctor but he seems to be too afraid to meet me (his missus knows mine so he's well aware of my sexiness!) but you're right there are others in this neck of the woods although I wouldn't profess to know exactly how many.

There is a weekly rideout from South Wales Superbikes to Poole on a Tuesday evening which I'm tempted to go on (weather permitting) so maybe meet you down there soon.
I believe there are other places that bikers go on weekly meets to as well from all over the place, even one in Wales I believe.

Maybe it's an idea to have a member listing showing all the members in various regions so anyone looking to meet etc has a better idea of who they could PM?

I am a bit surprised to hear you say how many members you've met and it is somewhat ironic for a transport based group there is little in the way of actually using the transport to hook up. Maybe this is where a monthly meet somewhere midway may encourage peeps to get on their bikes and go ride. :dude:

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:49 am

Not a bad idea having a member's listing by area, might help to encourage people to meet up. The East coast crowd have just had a meet-up, yesterday, and there were a few there.

You are right, we need to get out and meet up.

I have to say, most of my meet-ups with peeps have been through my trackday jaunts... but not done any this year. I come up your way a couple of times a year, might be able to sort something out with you and some of the others... an idea in the making there.

Kev :dude:

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:57 am

Yeah, sounds like a plan. I just need enough notice really. My wife and I work opposite shifts cos my 12 year old daughter lives with us so it has to tie in with our domestic arrangements.
I saw the posts about the East Coast meet and would have liked to have gone but it's too far to go.
Maybe if any of the Admins look in here they'll consider a regional listing. I know we have the google map but, to be honest, it's a bit of a pain to access and not everybody has used it to plot their location.
Perhaps a sticky in the members section where folk can add their names to various regions like Wales and West, Midlands, South Coast etc would be easier to peruse.

Are the Poole meets on Tuesdays any good?

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 am

Getting ur t shirt n hoodie helps promotes the forum and not just for meeting other kill switch riders. The forum members are still small for a youngish forum, it will grow in time as more members join and you might find ppl joining from your neck of the woods willing to meet for a bimble. The nearest members to me would be hendo and hes is about 65miles and the next is mikeyh at about 120miles so all i can do is wait and carry on promoting the site and see if more ppl join from this neck of the woods if i want a meet up of ks members, thats what makes it hard being a national forum. I suggest look for some local bike forums and join them and see if there is anyone up for a run and while ir there wear your top and hoodie to promote here and tell ppl about the site and see if they join.

=========

=========

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:18 am

Good point Blags re the tshirt and hoodie, just have to get out of the habit of not wanting to wear them unless it's for summat special lol
I did join other forums locally and also the VFR one too but I have to be honest and say that I can only really find time for one, and this seems to be the best one for me.
You seem to be pretty isolated! Where are you? Orkneys? LOL

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 am

Sexy Beast wrote:Perhaps a sticky in the members section where folk can add their names to various regions like Wales and West, Midlands, South Coast etc would be easier to peruse.

Why not just post up a thread for a ride out and where you wanna go/area.

Example
west side meet, leaving from blah blah at blah blah time on blah blah day and heading to blah blah. If you wish to meet on route post where is best and will arrange a meeting time.

=========

=========

Master Pie Muncher

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:25 am

I can send you some business cards SB if you would like to get some local members to you on the site?

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:27 am

Na im in aberdeen lol i mainly joined this forum to seek advice and give advice where i could as it being a national forum (hopefully one day an international forum) rather than excpecting meet up rides. If ppl are heading to scotland i would try n head to meet them (even if they dont make it all the way and get lost hey rosie :lmao: ) bit still again it all depends on where they are heading too and if its gonna be to long of a trip for me to do in a day or not. Another good thing is that if your having a small break away ie say coming to scotland and aberdeen way i can meet up and show u the roads out over this way. Basically what im saying is a national forum has its good and bad points. Until more members join from all over then local ride outs might be hard to arrange.

=========

=========
Next

Return to Social Meets