Knockhill - Novice Night

Who is doing what and where on track

Sponsored by Tennents Super

Post Mon May 26, 2014 10:02 am

Knockhill - Novice Night

Countdown to my first track evening. Dragged the bike out the garage to swap over the wheels with the supercorsa's this morning. so kev and myself will be loading up the van soon and then head off about midday for a slow drive down to knockhill and watch the fannies in there cars doing a car trackday.

=========

HOW CAN WE WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT..
SAME BAT-TIME... SAME BAT-CHANNEL!!?

=========
It's Always Funny Until Someone Gets Hurt. Then It's Just Fuckin' Hilarious

I quite like it round here!

Post Mon May 26, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: Knockhill - Novice Night

Have a good un your love it :07:

Post Mon May 26, 2014 11:03 pm

not long back and just a short post just now but oh fucking yes :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: i will do a report and all over the next day or so.
=========

=========

Post Tue May 27, 2014 1:35 am

well not long after i had changed the wheels on the srad. Kev and I decided we would start to load the van, just so we wasn't gonna be rushed and head whenever we wanted.

So with the van loaded we thought we would just head off about midday and do a few stops on the way down as the A90 is a boring road to drive for 100 miles, plus gave us a change to grab something to eat on the way down and some grub to eat later on in the evening when we were done.

anyway got down to knockhill and watch a few of the guys doing the open pit car day so passed a bit of time. So with an hour to go b4 sign on it we decided to unloaded the bikes from the van and leave them out by the van as we couldn't get in the garages due the car session going on but at least we would be ready to moves the bikes down when they were done.

while the bikes were there, we checked the tire pressure and i was running about 28psi rear and 30psi front and with a quick confirmation with kev if thats a good enough for me and i was set.

and thennnnnnnnn :shock: its started to piss pour it down. been checking the weather for the last few days and said on and off light showers and then fine when our track time was but it just started teaming it down.

but then a shimmer of hope and the bloody weather guys had it right and the sun started to break through and the the track started to dry up :dance:

5pm came around and its registration time. lol looks like i was prob the only one who turned up with the sign on form already printed and signed. such a teachers pet :blush:

and we had word that we could move the bikes down to the garages on the pit lane. so down with the bikes and bk up for the paddocks and the warmers. Bike up onto the stands and the warmers on and plugged in and then i noticed kev trying to put his front warmer on but the front stand height had not been set as it was fresh out the bag, well i offered kev to use my stand so he could use his warmer (as i know he would get the most out it) but as a true gent he said "no, you use it so you have warm tires straight out.) :25:

any way looks like im the only one with all the gear and no idea in the garage, no one else had warmers :07:

so with safety briefing out the way it was head down to the garages and finish kitting up. WHAT A FOOKING PAIN IN THE ARE THAT WHAT......

Warmers off, Lovely toasting tires.
Bike off the stands. Good Good. all going well
Bike started and warming.
Ear plugs in and helmet on. ooooo im itching to get out.
Gloves on and you fucking bastard. I fought for a good 5 mins with the gloves to get them on, from the last time i used then the lining must of pulled out the fingers and wouldn't go back in them. all the bikes when out and their was me still stuck in the garages fighting with these stupid fucking gloves, ya bastard. so in the end i grabbed my key and pulled the lining out the gloves and ripped the cunting things out. yesssss finally gloves on and onto pit lane and wait for the green light to start my 2 hr open pit session.

and it was worth the wait i fooking loved it. for the start of it i was a complete fish out of water and i was prob crawling around and i was getting lapped a few time to start with. but once i got to know the track it all started to fit into place until the next fluffed gear change or being in the wrong gear. I thought i was an ok rider ont he road but on the track its nothing like being on the road...... And the grip of the supercorsa's were amazing. even when i messed up a line and have to dig in more counter steer to tighten up the line, the bike felt so planted. loved the sections from the end of the start/finish line, through the right and left down hill all the way around through the chicaine but then i just couldn't get the next right hander right. i keep turning in too early from the marker cone which in turn made me run wide on the exit but a wee extra push of counter steer go move through it. but on a few laps i got what i thought was close enough smooth lines through it.

Will need to look at my front master cylinder and it wasn't giving the confident i needed coming into the hairpin, which in turn made me break well early. Again turning in too early as well but manage a few good line to be able to start rolling on the power as the i was exiting the turn. lmao on one of the laps i can cutting as close as i could to the apex on the hairpin and i hit the marker cone with the inside of my right arm lol oooops.

overall it was a cracking day and a massive thanks to kev for helping me out to pop my trackday cherry. so looking forwards to the weekender and doing that with kev and mark.

right here are a few pictures from the video the wee man took on my mobile. nae that great but good enough and at somepoint i will upload my gopro vids for you all to go wtf fook was he doing there lmao

=========

=========

Doz

Post Tue May 27, 2014 6:41 am

Nice one shady! Glad the weather cleared up.
If you have to ask. You wouldn't understand.

Post Tue May 27, 2014 2:37 pm

aye it was a cracking evening. there was a photographer there and to be it looks like i wasn't doing to bad.

=========

=========

Post Tue May 27, 2014 5:25 pm

so you looking forward to the weekend bash then :grin:

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:29 pm

yip i sure am. i dunno how i will fair going in the other direction tho lmao
=========

=========

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:42 pm

LOL just follow Kev :grin:

Post Tue May 27, 2014 8:53 pm

lmao, i did twice on his 4th lap while i still was on my first :lmao: :lmao: he was on the ball even without warmers on straight out the gate. my problem was turning in way too early at the start, by the end i was starting to hold off till the marker cones to flick the bike in
=========

=========

Post Tue May 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Lines look ok in the vid :25:

Post Tue May 27, 2014 9:20 pm

cheers, that was later on in the evening when i was getting the feel of the track and how it flows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vd06AKRiUA
=========

=========

Post Wed May 28, 2014 6:58 pm

here is another vid. its a bit shorter as a fella on a yammy flipped it on the straight just after the hairpin. i aint a clue how he managed that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBsv1k5gKlI
=========

=========

Post Fri May 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Sounds fun :26:

Interesting how they run the track in both directions, keeps it interesting I guess :dunno:
Yoshi / Jomo Rep GSXR-1000 K5, K7 Forks With Ohlins FPK 102 Pistons, Ohlins Shock & Damper, Bazzaz Z-FI TC, Yoshimura Factory Exhaust System, BMC Filter, Brembo Discs & 19x18mm M/C, R1 Monoblocks, OZ HL02 Wheels, Titanium Bolts & 182BHP.

Post Fri May 30, 2014 11:15 pm

I think its the only track in uk that are allowed to run in either direction. Sorta acts like 2 tracks in one

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
=========

=========

Return to Track Days