Cadwell and Donny, double-header

Who is doing what and where on track

I quite like it round here!

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Cadwell and Donny, double-header

Right, where to start ...? First off, these were probably the best two TDs I've ever had! :ok: The bike was faultless and the rider hardly put a foot wrong! Yep, you read that right. I rode very well, within my abilities, but pushing the boundaries too, particularly in the wet. The main question answered for me was that while the extra BHP - and there was a big chunk of it - was very welcome, the suspension/brakes setup was beyond reproach. Add in brand new tyres to the mix, sunny day at Cadwell, and all was right in Kevin's universe. Right from the off I knew it was just right. Both the bike and I clicked, and we just took off. Yep, there were a few hairy moments, but never brown trouser moments at all. I was riding well, smoothly, fast and overtaking people, sometimes with ease, plus I was patient too, always an added bonus.

I did 5 full sessions on the Monday, it started to rain during the fifth session so I called it a day. My pace was improving but I didn't want to push it as the van had to be loaded up.

On to Donnington. Good drive over, not too far, Melbourne view hotel is a great place to stay, just up the road. Got to track early where I met up with Mark in garage 26 and set up. Pissing down with rain. Briefing out of the way, I went out on wets - WOWs changed in with Mark's inestimable help - and immediately went out to the head of the queue for the sighting laps first session, right behind the instructor ahead of everybody else, and that is basically how it stayed for the entire morning. I headed all the novice group sessions - except for 2 overtakes by a guy on a Blade who was carving up back markers like there was no tomorrow. The bike tracked like it was on rails and felt so smooth to ride, nor was I hanging about either. I asked to be moved up to Inters because after Cadwell and the morning at Donny in the wet, I finally realised I had what it took to ride faster.

Inters was good, it had dried up and I ran middle-back of the group but felt comfortable there. Mark had helped me swap out my WOWs and I was back on Supercorsas and it felt good. The brakes were stormingly good; suspension spot on, my tyres looked beautiful, worn evenly and smoothly right to the edges. Had a few probs with the corner before the start/finish straight, never seem to get that right, will sort that when next I go back.

All in all, a great two days, my enthusiasm for TDs has been renewed and I have now got the bit between my teeth, witness booking a double header at Cadwell mid-August, plus my 4 TDs at Knockhill with Richie and November at Jerez for 3 days ...

Life on track has just resumed ...

:kev:
My love of life just gets stronger as the days go by.
Some things I wish, they would last...
just a little bit longer...
As the days go by

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:02 pm

Re: Cadwell and Donny, double-header

Glad you had a couple of good days on track, and good to see you in inters at Donny :grin:

I really enjoyed the day at Donny and even with my little off still enjoyed myself and the afternoon was epic once it had dried out roll on Knockhill weekender, and the bike feels really smooth now that Martin has played with the Bazzaz bike was shacking his head in third by the end of the day :07:

Sponsored by Tennents Super

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:12 pm

glad your first track sessions ont he new bike setup worked well esp after waiting all that time over winter for the work to be done and all. lets hope you and the bike are on form still for your 4 track days @ knockhill
=========

HOW CAN WE WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT..
SAME BAT-TIME... SAME BAT-CHANNEL!!?

=========
It's Always Funny Until Someone Gets Hurt. Then It's Just Fuckin' Hilarious

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks Mark and Richie, really looking forward to Knockhill now, roughly 4 weeks away laddie ... cannae wait mate.

As the days go by

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:50 pm

I looking out for some wet :whistle: watching a few set at the moment so should have a set for the next adventure cant wait

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Me too Mark, might well get hold of tyre geezer on TDR and see what he's got ...
As the days go by

Sponsored by Tennents Super

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:06 am

after my ride outs today on the bike you both will be better off with one of these each for knockhill

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kawasaki-ts-6 ... 2c80f3dc10

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
=========

HOW CAN WE WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT..
SAME BAT-TIME... SAME BAT-CHANNEL!!?

=========
It's Always Funny Until Someone Gets Hurt. Then It's Just Fuckin' Hilarious

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:51 am

mark 64 wrote: bike was shacking his head in third by the end of the day :07:

and so it should do lol ..glad you were happy with it mate, on hindsight we should of made a wet traction map in the morning n done the fuel in the afternoon.. :blush:

Master Pie Muncher

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:15 am

I love donington but like you keg can never get that last corner right.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:25 pm

I tried all ways in both the wet and the dry, sometimes got it nearly right, others almost ran out of track ... another visit is called for and prontoish I reckon...

As the days go by

Return to Track Days