My First Track Day(s) - Report...

Who is doing what and where on track

I quite like it round here!

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 am

Re: My First Track Day(s) - Report...

Then more of the pro ones from the pits..........

Yoshi / Jomo Rep GSXR-1000 K5, K7 Forks With Ohlins FPK 102 Pistons, Ohlins Shock & Damper, Bazzaz Z-FI TC, Yoshimura Factory Exhaust System, BMC Filter, Brembo Discs & 19x18mm M/C, R1 Monoblocks, OZ HL02 Wheels, Titanium Bolts & 182BHP.

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:02 am

So despite the issues I'd like to think I'd have got better if I was out earlier etc, but I didn't so I won't shed a tear over it. Also there is a reason that track is the most technical in the UK (because it is). I don't have any GoPro footage as it would only show me shitting myself & getting passed & I didn't get to a "comfort" level where I thought it was worth filming....

The following day however we hit Donington. We met Mark64 in the garage & Martin brought along his Z AFM to dial in his track bike, Stay tuned to hear how that went :party:

Thanks,
Stuart :26:
Last edited by Kaosone on Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yoshi / Jomo Rep GSXR-1000 K5, K7 Forks With Ohlins FPK 102 Pistons, Ohlins Shock & Damper, Bazzaz Z-FI TC, Yoshimura Factory Exhaust System, BMC Filter, Brembo Discs & 19x18mm M/C, R1 Monoblocks, OZ HL02 Wheels, Titanium Bolts & 182BHP.

You won't like it when i'm angry!

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:37 am

You seen the pic link I put on the "Cadwell" thread mate?

Cadwell is a love hate thing. Come prepared or don't come at all is what we used to tell new comers. Book again but get everything sorted the week before and I will come and do photos of every session

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:13 am

raverbiker wrote:Donny is a great track too..only done it once but would def go back...gutted i couldnt get over to caddy (about to go on hols..typing this at 1.30am..setting off for amsterdam in a hr ;) )i aint seen Kev (KJA) in ages..unsurprisingly prob the last time i was at santa pod :07: I wanna be out on track by the end of may....its addictive :clap: :lmao: :party: :word:

RAVER

Addictive? It weined me of heroin while I was there :lmao:

Nobbi1977 wrote:You seen the pic link I put on the "Cadwell" thread mate?

Cadwell is a love hate thing. Come prepared or don't come at all is what we used to tell new comers. Book again but get everything sorted the week before and I will come and do photos of every session

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nice just seen them, thanks Nobbi. It was good to meet you also :25:

I am not sure how I missed those, might have to harass you for some higher res ones at some point :whistle:, you managed to get more shots of me than the track day photographer :dunno:

:26:

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:11 am

So thanks to Nobbi for these pics, loving the reflection of the rumble strip in the visor :dance:....

Doz

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:19 am

Dude. If you are in jam again give me a shout. Also in Southampton so can always help.
If you have to ask. You wouldn't understand.

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:22 am

Doz wrote:Dude. If you are in jam again give me a shout. Also in Southampton so can always help.

Thanks mate, waiting on a certain tool but will be back on the road soon (more info when I do the Donny report :whistle:)...

We'll have to go to Loomies sometime?

Sponsored by Tennents Super

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:53 am

looking good, one year i fancy cadwell. its will be on my list of todo :25:
=========

HOW CAN WE WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT..
SAME BAT-TIME... SAME BAT-CHANNEL!!?

=========
It's Always Funny Until Someone Gets Hurt. Then It's Just Fuckin' Hilarious

Doz

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Sure. I'm always up for a pootle. What tool you needing?
If you have to ask. You wouldn't understand.

Not just a number...

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:26 pm

Sweet write up. Makes me want a track day so bad. I have the same pic of me on the mountain....took me all day to get it up, fnarr! Worth every penny from the photographer though. Zero to hero in a single second!

Cadwell is great. When I rode it I was scared to get on the power of my 929 blade (not had it that long)....then a guy came round the outside of me on a fooked 15 yr old Yamaha TDM! Goodness knows hoe a gixxer thou feels on the narrow circuit.

We should have a forum trackday at Donny...I'd make the effort. :dance:

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:48 pm

Doz wrote:Sure. I'm always up for a pootle. What tool you needing?

Helicoil kit, it arrived this morning :whistle:...

Camel wrote:Goodness knows hoe a gixxer thou feels on the narrow circuit.

Quite slow with me on it :07:

Not just a number...

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:28 pm

^^^ heheheh well the pics look great.

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Fecking wish i came now.........haven't read the thread....will do so when get the time.....I love full report threads like these :07:

First trackdays is just an eye opener mate........you'll get better and feel more comfortable the next time!

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:08 pm

Armi wrote:Fecking wish i came now.........haven't read the thread....will do so when get the time.....I love full report threads like these :07:

First trackdays is just an eye opener mate........you'll get better and feel more comfortable the next time!

Funny you should mention that as my next track day report is in progress :25:....

Right so I got out for 3 sessions of Cadwell, 1st was panic mode, 2nd I was.... Well still in panic mode. Didn't want to nail it on the straights & run out of track & will all the crests etc you can't see what's coming. As rain started to fall not many were out so I pretty much had an empty track on my 3rd session & when the rear was spinning I called time. Bye Cadwell :sob:..

We stopped off at the Melbourne view hotel, a stones throw from Donny & called it a day. than night there were some lads in the bar who were also doing Donny the following day which had done it before & talked me through the map I'd printed off. I bit the bullet & pulled my No Limits wrist bands off at this point, wanted to keep them on forever (however they may be destined to be mounted in a frame with the mountain picture :whistle:....

Post Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:51 pm

So when you booking your next one :07:
PreviousNext

Return to Track Days