Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:54 am

Rockingham Sat 24th August

Anyone going?

Mate will be booking this tomorrow and is also paying for me :53:

Will confirm when I get confirmation but looking good :07:

I quite like it round here!

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:03 am

Re: Rockingham Sat 24th August

I'll see wot im doin ,,, mite pop over for a look and take some photo's ...

€$¥ l!f€ B0i :farmer:
i'm not racist.............i'll race any fecka....

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Was hoping you, or Tim would chime in ................Once i get confirmation, will let you know buddy :25:

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:05 am

Herbs i'm confirmed buddy......would be cool to see you there, Oh I can't wait :53:

Feck me he's fast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrNmQ3Jn92w

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:22 am

Well where do I start :57:

A day full of ups and downs......literally!!!

Full report tomorrow :02:

Herbs great to see you and the Mrs........and thankyou :25:

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:01 am

Report plz :)..sorry couldnt make it..was hoping to get too snett..but rain..then cider stopped play

RAVER

Team Snail Racing

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 4:21 pm

:popcorn:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4
GSXR750K2 "Team Snail Racing Project"

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/screwloose13
http://screwloose-fasteners.ebid.net/

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Just got back from the charity ride with "Deen riders"..........had to wake up early to put the road fairings back on.
Honestly I'm shattered........... video need's to be uploaded and the pics won't be ready, even for me to view till Tues, will have to buy them, as my photographer mate didn't join us :whistle:

Update tomorrow guys.....promise :58:

Team Snail Racing

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 am

:popcorn:

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:27 am

Right fella's...let me gather my thoughts, had a great weekend

So checking the weather a few days before the big day, I knew it was gonna rain all friggin day, it was a bummer but in my mind I had accepted it and thought bollox..i'm gonna go.

Got to sleep at 1am and woke up at 4am.....just couldn't sleep.
Bike and gear loaded in the car and hooked up the trailor etc.
Dropped the misses to work and even she said to have a good day, which put me in good spirits.

Pissed down with rain on the way.never stopped, so in my mind I just accepted it..........called my mate who paid for the TD to get an idea of where he was, he told me he had a rough night and would NOT be coming.
Luckily for me, my other 2 mates who just bought there SRADS were coming (may get another 2 lads to buy the same ), they had left the night before and stayed in a hotel nearer the track (they may possibly join GDC too ).

I was the first one there..still raining and unloaded the bike in the pissing down rain...forgot to bring my towel....it was needed...lol
By the time I unloaded the other 2 arrived in the van, so helped them unload too......it's on

Briefing out the way, start was delayed cos' of rain, had some tea and the guys were contemplating whether to put some wets......I told them what the feck are you waiting for, if I had the cash, that's what I'd be doing!

They already had some so put them on..............ONLY on the rear, as that's all they had..............was that a MISTAKE?

Call went out for our group, which was in the novices, as hadn't done that track before and didn't want to get intimidated in the rain.
Told myself to relax and take it gently and build up speed slowly, I have all day!

Went out on the sighting lap and feck me was it greasy, was just too scared to tip it in, spun up on the rear on the straights I had Racetecs on

Took it steady and built up some speed but then the back stepped out on me and I slowed down, wasn't happy.Did do the full session though and it seemed to be over in no time.

While walking around I noticed one of the control riders and went straight upto him and asked if he could go out on track with me to give me some pointers.......had a lovely track prepped(of course) bmw s1000rr
He said to follow him and at a certain point he'd get me to overtake him and see how I do.

It was still wet and so of I went behind him........Got the footage for this and the rest of the sessions too.He looked so comfortable on the bike and turned the bike with ease, while I tensed up on the hairpin and almost came to a stop..I also kept finding neutral, which isn't fun when you wanna slow down.
Loved the way he pointed on the floor, to show me where I should be and the way he jinxed his head, when he wanted me to turn in, all so exaggerated and entertaining at the same time............So much so that I was laughing loudly in my helmet
He lets me go in front of him and I go round for a few laps, then we come back in to discuss.
He said I needed to counter steer more and to look where I was going..........these are all the things I know I should be doing but wasn't applying it, he said I was looking all over the place and looked lost
He did say I had balls to go out in the rain on the tyres I had but I'm sure that was to just give me a confidence boost.

So I went away from there with something to concentrate on.....tried to relax but in the rain, I kept thing the front would wash out, turning in.
Went for some steady laps at my on pace and was getting overtaken which wasn't filling me with joy but kept plugging away.
One of my mates bought his laptop, so we viewed the footage of the last session I went out on...........My instructor was behind me for a while taking the piss and waving frantically at the camera lol burst out laughing when I saw that God bless him....was a cool dude!

The rain stopped and a dry line was appearing.............this session made my day!
One of my mates was behind me, I had the camera on the rear seat cowl and so off we went..............I could feel the grip coming back and started to grow in confidence and started leaning her over more, started appyling what the instructor said and it was working.
My mate overtook me and I thought I'd just let him go but didn't....he kind of pushed me and I then got into a grove, so much so that we even started dicing together but still giving each other plenty of room......it was flippin excellent, I could ride my bike again........knee was dragging without me trying to get it down, it was actually a by product of good BP Hope the pictures look as good as I felt.
Now we were doing all the overtaking and it was so much fun I didn't want it to end, I was grinning cheek to cheek by this time......we kept changing places, then my mate was in front of me coming upto a fast ish right hander.
He Got the feeling he wasn't gonna make the turn, so stood he bike up and went into the grass, soon as he touch the grass he came off, I target fixated on him and started following but managed to keep it on the track, just and carried on, I wanted to stop but knew I had to ride on.

He was ok and bike was abit worse for wear but ok, considering.............On that session all 3 of us went out but one numpty ran out of fuel.
He also took a tumble braking in a straight line

Will post the vids once uploaded......speed was similar to silverstone but I was still riding with restraint coming out of corners, as I knew I could've accelerated harder and earlier but didn't want to push my luck in the conditons we had.......even coming out of the right hairpin under accleration I nearly lost the back end going over a wet patch

All in all it was a fandabidoozy day.........trackdays rock!

So looking forward to the next one!!!

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:29 am

Will get the vids and pics unloaded soon as I can...here's a few pics I took of the day;

Sponsored by Tennents Super

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:58 pm

the battle of the srads :rev: :rev:

your have to pencil in knockhill next year when kev does the double header weekend as i'm gonna try and do that as well
=========

HOW CAN WE WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW NIGHT..
SAME BAT-TIME... SAME BAT-CHANNEL!!?

=========
It's Always Funny Until Someone Gets Hurt. Then It's Just Fuckin' Hilarious

Team Snail Racing

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Nice write up mate..... Jealous as fuck !!!!!!

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:59 am

I personally like the track either in the pissing down rain or dry. It was a total experience having the TDO say over the tannoy... "only bikes with full wets fitted can go out..." never heard that before at a TD. This was the TDR bash, of course. I will deffo be going back to Rockingham, good track.

Good write up Armi, know what you mean about when the track starts drying out and a good line appears.

Kev :kev:
My love of life just gets stronger as the days go by.
Some things I wish, they would last...
just a little bit longer...
As the days go by

Post Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:59 am

It IS an awesome track Kev.......reminds me of Silverstone in that it had fast sweeping corners......Loved coming onto the oval bit and into the chichane....I KNOW, had I spent more time there, I'd have gotten faster :rev:
Confidence was building all the time, thank goodness......it's takeb 3 trackdays to finally get back on it, with the engine on the boil :02:
Can't wait to post the vid......pics are available to buy now on Pete's website, which I shall be doing shortly.
Next

Return to Track Days