2 rumours - MotoGP

Could be true but probably not

Do you like pie... Poontang Pie?

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:25 pm

2 rumours - MotoGP

both taken from Fast Bikes, sourced from SuperBike Planet too

rumour 1

"Right, no Rossi-fanatics get too excited here, it's just a rumour, but worth mentioning. Some excitable Spanish and Italian journos have been putting 2 & 2 together, after seeing Rossi, the head of Phillip Morris (Marlboro) and Dorna bigwig Carmelo Ezpeleta having several conversations at Mugello. They now claim that Marlboro, who pay Rossi's £13M wage, want him alongside Lorenzo at Yamaha next year and are pushing hard to make it reality. Audi may have a million or two things to say about it, should this be the case, so we could be about to see a big bidding war for Valentino. However, as much as Yamaha would love a big sponsor again, history shows they don't like being dictated to when it comes to riders in the modern GP world. Will it happen? Doubtful, but sure makes things more interesting! Elsewhere, Ducati have cooled talks with Crutchlow while being a bit nicer to Nicky Hayden, especially after he killed the Nicky to WSB rumour stone dead. Nothing will happen though, until Rossi's decision is made. The idea of having him back on a Yamaha is fascinating, but still short-sighted considering he's got two years left. They need to create stars so great that the slack is taken up when he goes elsewhere, rather than squeezing the Rossi lemon to the bitter end, as if he goes to another bike series, where will all the fans and spectators go? That said, 65,000 at Mugello over three days is an utter disaster for MotoGP, and Rossi didn't do too badly! More news when we get it!"

rumour 2

"Great rumour from SuperbikePlanet! Basically, Ben Spies in a shock move back to WSB with BMW, to replace Leon Haslam. Consider again the latest Rossi rumour we posted below, and the two fit together nicely! Probably won't happen, mind you, but it's a good 'un to chuck into the mix for sure. Read the original piece, here: http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2012/Jul/120717b.htm "

thoughts

United we grow, support a Mo! http://uk.movember.com/team/442313

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: 2 rumours - MotoGP

Nope wont happen

Cal spoke to soon about being offered a contract - since he has, there has been masses of Pro Nicky demo's from the Fans - Rossi will stay at Ducati - if for no other reason than to win a championship on THAT bike and prove that Stoner is not better than him. 1 year deal MAX i reckon.

Cal unfortunately has shot his load prematurely i feel and damaged any chance he has of getting a FACTORY ride with any other team except Ducati now.... However i also think despite his riding style and adaptability - he will NOT do well on the Duke !!

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:42 pm

see i dont know, i dont particularly want Cal to go to Ducati, that said i dont want Rossi to stay there and have another shit season, i seriously cant see him winning on that machine! Hayden has - in my opinion (and also Barbera) done a much better job of riding the Ducati compared to Rossi.

as much as i hate to agree with the aussie twat, he is right, the rider has to adapt to the machine, Rossi is being a typical italian - hard headed and stubborn - will refuse to adapt his riding to that bike!

i really wanna know whats going on with Spies though, he done so well last year and in his rookie year, but he's just not there this year.

im more pissed off that Honda have signed Marcquez though, he wont win a championship on that bike...not for a couple years!

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:44 pm

Yet Rossi has scored more points that either of them on the Ducati..... usually being the top finisher !!!

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:53 pm

good point, i'll give you that... ok so yes he has been the most consistent one... but i still think Hayden is better on that machine than Rossi - the Sachsernring qualifying said it all for me

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:03 pm

but qualifying is ONE lap - put together 30 - then Rossi is better !!

Return to Rumours