Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:41 am

Dovi is off to Ducati!

Well I didn't see that one coming....

http://www.ducati.com/racing/motogp/new ... 4/index.do
At 16000rpm, no one can hear you sing.

Master Pie Muncher

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 pm

Re: Dovi is off to Ducati!

Will be interesting to see how he gets on with it.

Master Pie Muncher

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:57 pm

I thought this was an interesting statement
"and to obtain the results and rewards that will repay our efforts "
limited efforts as long as you don't ask us to change the main problem, The L engine

I hope he does well and has shown his talent but but Ducati as been a curse for 99% of the riders that have tried to sort it or ride round the issue, unless stubborn Ducati sort the engine layout I can't see much changing, a hard charging Dovi could put some decent results in but I hope he doesn't hurt himself in the process with that pile of shit

Doz

I quite like it round here!

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Fucked Crutlow right over that did. He'd been promised a contract for 4 months.
If you have to ask. You wouldn't understand.

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Maybe it's a blessing for Crutchlow. I didn't like his chances of much more action in MotoGP if he went to Ducati. Of course the reason I suppose Dovi has gone is down to Rossi returning to Yamaha. I assume Dovi thought that with his run of results he was 99% assured a factory ride.
The question I have is though, why didn't he get one? Also when he was with Honda he was doing well but they decided to stick with Pedrosa and Stoner. Maybe there is something about him in a factory team that the Japanese don't like?
Somebody has got to sort that Ducati out though. I can't believe they're being so stubborn after the bad 2 years they've had. They pulled out of WSB to have Rossi in their team and even then couldn't get any decent finishes. Time for a radical overhaul I think.

Doz

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Dovi got the ride because the sponsor's wanted a Italian rider. I fear Dovi will really suffer. He can ride a well sorted bike but I can't see him being able to get that boat doing what he wants. Be interesting to see his results compared to Haden's
If you have to ask. You wouldn't understand.

Master Pie Muncher

Post Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 pm

This will be Haydens 5 year on a Ducati and has finished 13th then 7th then 8th nd what looks like a poor final position this year

This is the former youngest ever AMA champion
then Hayden came 5th with repsol while team mate to Rossi won (Rookie-of-the-Year award)
2005 he came 3rd in the championship
2006 motoGP champion
then there was the whole perdro and tyres bollox

and look how he has done on the Ducati.

I mention all this because Hayden is now set as an also ran in the championship, a career that has been stopped in it's tracks by Ducati, I hope Dovi doesn't suffer the same fate.
I have not worked it out but there is quite a big list of top riders who have fallen fowl of Ducati and hindered there careers and for this reason i'm very glad Cal will not be going there.

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:13 pm

Ducati will keep Haydyn for as long as they can......

He sells them bikes in the US.

Glad Cal has dodged the bullet, would have crippled his career being on that piece of shite !!!!

Dovi is a great rider, but as some one else said - has he reached his peak hitting bootom step of the podium was all he could do at honda as well......

Lets hope Vale does not suffer the same ill fortune with parts failing as Spies has had....... 3 mechanical failures is more than any one should have - hence him throwing it at the wall when it blew in Indianapolis....... Shame another great talent going elsewhere.....

Seriously thou what is the future of Moto GP...... take the CRTS out and you have 3 manufactuers..... fielding 12 bikes

Yet this is the formula one of bikes...............

Master Pie Muncher

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:21 pm

yamaha have said they can supply customer bikes at CRT money that can run to 1 second of there factory bikes, if this is possible it could see the death of CRT and a new sub class coming in, also BMW are rumored to to want to join MotoGP in a sub class if a standard ecu is introduced to reduce costs and also Suzuki making a return in a couple of years but who knows what will actually happen.
this could be the end of the top budget racing unless they find a way to bring more bikes and manufacturers in but Dorna are stubern and led by there ego's

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:28 pm

Carlos wrote:yamaha have said they can supply customer bikes at CRT money that can run to 1 second of there factory bikes, if this is possible it could see the death of CRT and a new sub class coming in, also BMW are rumored to to want to join MotoGP in a sub class if a standard ecu is introduced to reduce costs and also Suzuki making a return in a couple of years but who knows what will actually happen.
this could be the end of the top budget racing unless they find a way to bring more bikes and manufacturers in but Dorna are stubern and led by there ego's

and change the rules to suit Honda !!

MotoGP needs more manufactuers the return of Kwaker and Suzuki - would be a good starting point, Would love to see Beemer in there as well...... hope they dont suffer electrical gremlins like they did at the start of their WSBK excursion.

CRT was a good idea to fill the grid this year - however it has proved that they will not come anywhere near the Factory boys, I thought the idea was not just to fill the grid, but make things more competitive........

Post Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:32 pm

Yes also Triumph and/or Norton would be a good sight, even though they would have to do a lot of catching up to do, literally in both senses..
Imagehttp://www.ypel.co.uk
It's not what you ride - Its how you ride it!

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:59 pm

Anyone remember WCM? They had what is now considered a CRT a few years ago, but they weren't allowed to race as it was too close to a superbike. I believe it was based loosely around a Yamaha R1 frame and engine. Now Dorna have stolen that idea and brought a class in which they could've competed. Kick the British teams down as usual.

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:30 pm

Giving Dorma control of WSBK will fuck that up too.

Should have done it the other way round.... compared to the fuck up that is motogp atm WSBK has gone from strength to strength.
Still guess they know what they are doing.

This weeks - MCN made good reading - personally tell honda to "FUCK OFF" in no uncertain terms - about time they stopped getting everything they ask for - bring in a control ECU - see what people can do with it !

Return to News