Stoner announces retirement

Who's signed deals etc

Master Pie Muncher

Post Thu May 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Stoner has announced he is retiring at the end of this year and wont be in MotoGP in 2013

Taken from MotoGP website

Reigning MotoGP™ World Champion Casey Stoner confirmed on Thursday that he would retire from the sport at the end of the 2012 season.

The Repsol Honda rider addressed the media at the start of the official pre-event press conference for the Monster Energy Grand Prix de France, making a short statement in which he outlined the reasons behind his decision.

“After a long time thinking, a lot of time talking with my family and my wife, this has been coming for a couple of years now but at the end of this 2012 season I will be not racing in the 2013 Championship. I will be finishing my career at the end of this season in MotoGP, and go forward in different things in my life,” Stoner told the assembled press.

“After so many years of doing this sport which I love, and which myself and my family made so many sacrifices for, after so many years of trying to get to where we have gotten to at this point, this sport has changed a lot and it has changed to the point where I am not enjoying it. I don't have the passion for it and so at this time it's better if I retire now.

“There are a lot of things that have disappointed me, and also a lot of things I have loved about this sport, but unfortunately the balance has gone in the wrong direction. And so, basically, we won't be continuing any more. It would be nice if I could say I would stay one more year, but then where does it stop? So we decided to finish everything as we are now.”

Stoner, who won the 2007 MotoGP™ with Ducati and the 2011 crown with Honda, currently leads the 2012 standings by a single point ahead of Jorge Lorenzo heading into this weekend's fourth round.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/Casey%20retirement

Bit of a shock that and I maybe reading to much into things but there has been an undisclosed illness that keeps coming back every so often, I do hope it isn't anything to do with that and he just isn't enjoying it so is taking the time to concentrate of his family.

Burning ring of fire

Post Thu May 17, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Stoner announces retirement

As much as i dislike him thats a shocker, just read it on bbc news. Next years title winner will feel a bit empty for winning with him not there, at least there's a free spot on a Honda for Crutchlow

I quite like it round here!

Post Thu May 17, 2012 5:37 pm

good..........fuckin winger........... :upyours:
i'm not racist.............i'll race any fecka....

Master Pie Muncher

Post Thu May 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Hope he wins it This year now as a good bye.

Master Pie Muncher

Post Thu May 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Yep I dislike the twiney little twat but it's more of the show leaving the sport

Master Pie Muncher

Post Thu May 17, 2012 6:00 pm

He is exciting to watch ride a bike though.

Post Thu May 17, 2012 6:08 pm

Whinging whining Stroppy little shit......

But there is this mystery illness which keeps raising it's head......... So hope he gets that sorted.

Sadly as much as the first line is what i think of him - He will take a great deal of as Carlos has said "The Show" out of the sport....

He can ride the wheels of anything - and hopefully if he gets sorted will come back - this time on a Yamaha and prove he can ride the tyres of that as well.

Shame that a Fabulous rider will no longer be there - but at least a whinger has finally had the grace to fuck off !!

Location: Wales....the nice bit, near to where the new race track is being built

Post Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 pm

he's got pissed off with the mechanics shagging his Mrs!!!!!!! :04:
"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who's face is marred by dust & sweat & blood; who strives valiantly...... & who at the worst, if he falls, at least falls while daring greatly"

Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:36 am

Wow.

Just heard EVERYONE'S contract is up at the end of this year. HRC will NOT have two Spanish riders next year.

Oh and rumour central Rossi, on a HRC bike 2013 you heard it first here.....

Communication from a Nexus 1 escaping and evading the Tyrell corporation :sniper:

Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:43 am

SORRY LENNY but focused events released that bit of info yesterday................. :upyours:
i'm not racist.............i'll race any fecka....

Do you like pie... Poontang Pie?

Post Sat May 19, 2012 11:29 am

LennyVFR800 wrote:Wow.

Just heard EVERYONE'S contract is up at the end of this year. HRC will NOT have two Spanish riders next year.

Oh and rumour central Rossi, on a HRC bike 2013 you heard it first here.....

Communication from a Nexus 1 escaping and evading the Tyrell corporation :sniper:
herbalisticharry wrote:SORRY LENNY but focused events released that bit of info yesterday................. :upyours:

actually i said that on PDQ Motorcycles status on fb when the retirement was released :grin: :upyours:

United we grow, support a Mo! http://uk.movember.com/team/442313

Return to News